Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Testes removal due to bilateral undescended testes, azoospermia. Possible ways to have baby of my own?

My boyfriend and I are about to get married and we need a baby, unfortunately he had bilateral undescended testes when young which was diagnosed at the age of seventeen after he got obstructed inguinal hernia and the left testes was removed while right orchidoplexy was done. We did sperm analysis and he had azoospermia , very painful for us. Is there any way we can have a baby of our own baby by doing sperm mixing with a donor s sperms? or even grow his sperms from his stem precursor cells. Please assist us. am 26, he is 28.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
thank you for writing to HCM

You boyfriend can undergo further testing and see if his hormones are normal
If they are normal, then a testicular biopsy can be done and he tissue sample can be frozen for further use.

You can 1st see if the sperm is available from your boyfriend and then you can think of donor later.

you can try all possible method to get sperm from your partner and plan further

wish you all the best
DR Nandita Thakkar
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor