Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Tested for serum cholesterol, serum triglycerides, serum HDIL cholesterol, serum uric acid. Suggestion?

my medical report are following serum cholesterol total 250 mg/dl,serum triglycerides 326mg/dl serum HDIL cholesterol 41mg/dl,serum LDL cholesterol 171mg/dl serum VLDL cholesterol 65mg/dl,serumTOTAL HDIL cholesterolRATIO 6.10,serum LDL/HDIL cholesterol RATIO 4.17 SERUM URIC ACID 5.7 mg/dl regards YYYY@YYYY
Sat, 9 Jun 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for get in touch with us. From what I make out, your lipid profile is deranged and you need to work on that. Deranged lipid profile can lead to many complications like coronary artery disease, heart attacks and various other problems in the body. You should get in touch with a Doctor as soon as possible and start with medicines. Along with that, lifestyle modification is very important. Please try to exercise 4-5 days a week as that can really help in correcting the lipid profile. Along with that, avoid alcohol, smoking and fried food. Blood pressure control is also of utmost important and I would recommend you to get it checked weekly. Hope this helped
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor