Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Tested for dengue disease. Looking for suggestion on the report?

hi, i am from pakistan, and recently i view my report for dengue test. i am not confirm about the result of report that what it actually means. please elaborate me about that. i send u major portion of it. Dengue NS 1 Antigen (Day 1-5) Presence of soluble Non-Structural Protein 1 Dengue Real Time - PCR (Day 1-5) Presence of Dengue Virus RNA Dengue IgM Antibodies (Day 5 Onwards) Indicates acute or recent infection Dengue IgG Antibodies (Day 5 Onwards) High levels in secondary infection
Asked On : Thu, 5 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

Thanks for writing to healthcare magic.
You need to send us the full report
IgM and IgG titres especially
NS1 becomes positive even after 2 days
but IgM takes 4 to 5 days to becoome positive
Dont worry
Wishing you great health
Have a pleasant day
Answered: Mon, 6 Jan 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor