Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Tested for chlamydia, HIV and Hep. Had sex with a sex worker. Night sweats. Worry?

I am 46 year old, had sex with a prostitute with a condom in 2011 - September. After 6 weeks, I started getting flew like symptoms - Pain in the knees, fever, over the next few days, I started to urinate 12 times day or more, often within 5 minute gaps for the next 1 month. I noticed that my decision making has slowed down and there was confusion in thinking. I also noticed that sometimes watching TV, there was issue with clarity and vision. If I dint wash my hands with anti-bacterial and touch my nose, the nose would swell . I started using anti-bacterial hand wash after urination as this helped a lot. The tongue was painful. The neck was painful. The eyes were very painful when I tried to move them. 1st 2 months, I used to get night sweats , especially in the back of neck with severe pain, and also sweat on the foreheads every night between 8pm and 1Am and used to be fine with sweat afterwards.. I visited the my family doctor after the 1st week itself and explained everything and he tested me for chlamydia, HIV and Hepatitis C , SYPHILIS , GONORRHEA , at least 3 times each and all came negative. In the mean time, I have noticed that there were skin infections on my body and he prescribed Flucidine -H, and betamethasone and topicort cream for various skin infections. They have dis-appeared after 5 months. I was visiting the the same doctor, I noticed that he didn t treat my original disease. In the last 1 year I have noticed that the a number of strange skin lesions appeared and dis-appeared and I had to use the same medications mentioned above. Despite insistence that I need to know what the problem is, the doctor always asked, are you worried? He did some urine and stool tests, nothing was clear. After the 1st 6 months, I have noticed that there was pain in the underside of my left hip/groin area and in the last 3 months I have seen that it has started radiating around my lower hip and it then radiates to the knees. I have asked the doctor many times, and he doesn t seem to be bothered and he sends me to a Gastroenterologist . And this doctor has told me that I look fine and since I am close to 50 yrs, Its better go for a prostate cancer check, that i will be going though in the next 2/3 weeks. I am worried now why the doctor has not bothered and I see that the initial symptoms of Fever and knee pain, vision, indecision, frequent urination have reduced and now they are very mild - building some resistance. But I am still not convinced and am worried that the issue of radiating pain is a major concern now. It last most of the day every day and seems to increase in intensity and area. Now I don t use anti-bacterial to wash my hands and seem to be fine. I feel like some of my organs will be infected and it will be too late when I see a specialist. i also had pain the stomach spreading from one side to another side, at least 5 times in last 3 months. I am very fit person without any health issues. This surprise me. The doctor can t figure-out. My urine is sometimes yellowish and it worries me as well and the doctor is not bothered and doesn t like to send me to a specialist. Can I use any anti-bacterial for this ? OR anything that can make me normal.? Thanks a lot in advance.
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there. I read through your entire long diatribe. The doctor has done everything possible to test you for various STD's & on multiple occasions. However, i empathise with how you feel. Just as they say 'sex is on the brain', so too is 'stress that arises after the sexual activity especially if there is an iota of guilt or fear'. I dare say you will need the help of a sex psychologist to get over the final hurdle as you have been given the all-clear by all other doctors'. If you wish, you could indicate the area of the world you live in & i would be happy to point out a specialist in your region competent to deal with your issues. One thing is for certain..your issue is not going to be sorted online. We can at best guide you to the best of our abilities. Cheers & GOod Luck!
Answered: Wed, 22 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor