Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Terrible red oozing patch on scalp, naturally oily hair. Should he wait until it is healed and then treated?

My 16 yr old son is terrible about washing his hair, and when he showered today and washed it he now has a red, oozing patch on his scalp at his front hairline. I realize he needs to wash his hair more often, but how should I treat it for now, and should he wait until it s healed to wash it again? His hair is naturally oily.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
he should wash his hair twice a day gently .
red oozing patch may be due to some bacterial or fungal infection
apply good antibiotic gel over it like nadoxin gel
better to consult dermatologist
never scratch or pick the scab from the scalp
if itching is there than anti histaminc medicine
i hope i answered your question
Answered: Wed, 6 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor