Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Terrible periods with nausea and intolerable cramps

Hello im 13 i have a terrible period with neasea and terrible cramps that make me not wanna get outta bed in the morning ive had my period for 2 and 1/2years it just keeps gettin worse every time and so want birth contol to calm it and i a a virgin so do i have to get a pap smear to ge birth control?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
You are getting puberty menorrhagia and PMS and its very common in young girls.Birth control pills will only help in controlling the bleeding .So if you have cramps and nausea the i would suggest getting some medicines for symptomatic relief.Birth control pills have a lot of side effects and i personally think that you are too young at present to sustain those side effects.No,you dont require a pap smear to start OC pills but i would suggest that you try some medicines like ibuprofen,mefenemic acid etc for the pain first before starting oc pills.Please consult your doctor for these meds.
Answered: Fri, 7 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor