Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Termination due to dandy walker malformation, advised high dose of folic acid. Recommendations?

Hi there, I had a termination for medical reasons in January due to dandy walker malformation. my consultant recommended I took a higher doze of folic acid - i.e. 3 miligrmas instead of 400micrograms. the vitamins I can get without subscription are for only 400micrograms per tablet. does that mean i should take more tablets a day to get to 3 miligrams or does he need to prescribe them to me? thanks a lot
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
thanks for your query
Your doctor should prescribe and you should take higher doses of folic acid
wishing you good health

Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor