Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Tenderness,soreness with swelling on the anterior triangle, swelling in centered in the middle of the throat under the chin. What could this be?

i woke up and felt very tender and sore in the anterior triangle where my head merges with the neck the pain and tenderness is accompanied by swelling that is noticable when my head is in a normal straight forward position. it is centerd perfectly in the middle of my throat right under my chin , what could this be. I dont want to have to go to the doc if i dont need to because i do not have inshurance.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hi krystal
welcome to hcm

on analysis of the symptoms as described by you it could be a trivial lymphatic swelling or could also be an thyroglossal duct cyst, these conditions would require to be ruled out with other disorders by an ENT surgeon or least by a GP
keep us posted

Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor