Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Tenderness in the stomach while having food. Abdominal x-ray is normal. Any suggestions?

hi I feel tenderness in the left side of my stomach and feel uneasiness when i have my food too.I am trying to have high fiber diets but when I have some white rice sometimess again i get that uneasy feel and like my stomach shifted to left side.I had my abdomen x ray taken but everything came normal..Please suggest me some thing ....
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Thanks for posting your query.
Are you feeling abdominal belching/ abdominal discomfort/ watery diarrhea/ nausea and vomiting?
Do you have recurrent urge for using washroom/ hard stools?
With the available describe symptoms, there appears to be possibility of Gastric acidity problems.
Presence of pain along with location suggests the diagnosis.
There could also be possibility of gastrointestinal infections.
You should also consult with internal medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for thorough check up.
You should go for ultrasound imaging studies of abdomen, endoscopy, serum amylase and urine routine examination.
You should also take proton pump inhibitors, along with antacids on written prescription.
Exact treatment depends on the diagnosed disease.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Sat, 2 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Grzegorz Stanko's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Abdominal X-ray is very sketchy test which is performed only to rule out bowels obstruction and perforation. Other possible diseases wont be visible in this test.
If your pain appears after an hour or two after a meal, peptic ulcers should be considered.
If your is more in the lower abdomen and you do suffer from constipation, diverticulitis can be the reason.
If your pain radiates to the back, pancreas disease should be ruled out.
Such pain can also appear due to urinary tract infection (frequent urination, burning while urinating appears), ovarian cyst, large intestine disease (like polyps or even a cancer - this is more possible if you are 50 or more).
I suggest you to visit gastroenterologist, have physical examination, blood tests, liver tests, urine analysis, amylase, abdominal ultrasound. Upper GI endoscopy should be performed if peptic ulcers are possible and colonoscopy if diverticulitis seems possible.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor