Tenderness in breast and nipple, dense breast. Family history of breast cancer. Is this the cause for concern?

I am a 42 year old female and had a baby 18 months ago. I am experiencing tenderness on my right breast. The nipple are is tender and seems to tingle. My mother passed away from breast cancer at 51. Is this something I should be worried about? I also had a lump in that same breast a few years ago and it was biopsied 2X and was found to be a basically a hardened milk gland. The area has been monitored up until about 3 years ago. Until then there was no change in the size. I have very "dense" breast so it seems like I feel lumps everywhere.
Mon, 25 Nov 2013