Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Tender spot on head in child with hurt during combing, flaking. Remedy?

My 10 yr old daughter has had a very tender spot near her growth spot on her head. it is not sunburned or show any signs of swelling or redness. It all looks normal just hurts severely to touch comb etc. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. I did notice a few flakes come off it 2 days ago but she typically has no troubles or flaky scalp . any ideas
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your daughter seems to have a inflammatory skin lesion of the scalp like a bacterial infection or a localized fungal infection which is causing pain while combing.

Bacterial infections like pyoderma or a pustule will cause a localized small tender swelling leading to pain on touch.

But local examination is important to know the cause for pain.

If it is due to some bacterial infection it will respond to local antibiotic cream like mupirocin application externally.

So I advise you to consult a doctor for the physical examination and for treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor