Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Tender, pus filled lumps in labia majora, lesions. Had a pap smear and STI test. What is wrong?

I went to the gyn and my pap smear and other sti tests are negative 3 months ago. I have not been sexually active for a year. I have these tender and itchy puss filled huge lumps and bumps all over my labia majora and my pubic bone. they eventually turn into lesions difficult to heal. I haven't shaved for 2 months. Help me Im freaking out
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013
Welcome and thanks for posting your query to HCM.
From your problem it appears that you are suffering from folliculitis or we simply say pyoderma's of skin near genital area. It is a simple, treatable condition where due to blockage and infection of the hair glands at any hairy area of skin become inflamed, tender and pus filled. The possibility of folliculitis is high in individuals wearing tight clothes or due to continuous exposure of humid environment and so many of the reasons which are beyond the part of this discussion. Now the important part is- as these lumps are tender, itchy and painful so it is very much advised to meet a surgeon or gynecologist or dermatologist who can prescribe you the most appropriate antibiotic to you. Do not forget to take complete course of treatment.
In between you can take pain killers round the clock or according to pain status. Sitz bath with (luke warm saline water in a water tub) 2-3 times a day will also prevent the further aggravation situation and will also help in drainage of pus. Do not try to squeeze the area or try to express the pus by your self as it can cause spread of infection.
As per your history you had been sexually inactive for last one year and also the Test done by gynecologist supports the evidence that you are not having any Sexually transmitted disease to be suspected. So the possibility of STD's is out in general.
Hope to give you the best of the information.
With best health wishes,
Dr Sanjay K Kanodia
MD ( Dermatology and STD/ Venereology)
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor