Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Tender hard lump under scalp, felt a pop on pressing. What can be this?

Earlier today while washing my hair I noticed a very tender spot near the crown of my head. I started to feel around the area and discovered a small hard lump under the scalp , about the size of a quarter. It was very tender to the touch. I started to press on it lightly to see how hard it was, to see if it would move (more like testing if it was fluid filled or if it could have been a cyst ). When I pressed on it I heard and felt a small pop. The bump immediately disappeared. Now I am paranoid. What in the world just happened to me?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  142
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi....dear user...,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Why U are worrying and delay the time..,
Don't do like this..,it may be simple like fungus..,
or may be complicated...,
So immediately consult Ur Doctor..,
He can guide U..,
Take care...thanQ
Answered: Fri, 20 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor