Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Temporomandibular joint. Medicine for pain killer?

I have TMJ and know I need surgery but am not able to get it until summer. So my question is, would a doctor be able to prescribe some pain medication or sleep aid? It is causing a great deal of pain to lay on either side of my face at night, so it is keeping me up late hours in the night.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
July 2014
thanks for your query, i have gone through your query,
the pain in TMJ can be reduced by taking tablet Piroxicam 20mg twice daily on first day and once daily for next 6 days...since the concentration of the drug will be more in joint spaces...along with this you can take analgesic with a muscle relaxant to reduce the muscle contraction secondary to TMJ disorder (tablet Flexon MR twice daily for 5 days) can also give warm fomentation over the joint..avoid consuming hard food..donot open your jaw too wide..and main thing do not take tension....i hope my answer will help you..take care..
Answered: Fri, 21 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor