Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Tell me the precautions and exercises for Knee Effusion

A month ago, I was diagnosed with knee effusion (water above the knee). I am much better now. How long can I expect for the swelling to go completely. Any precautions and exercises I should take/do before I am normal?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Aug 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  877
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I am also suffering from the same problem. My MRI report says Mild Synovial effusion. What did you do to lessen and ease the problem

Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
You may need 2-3 weeks. It is possible after Transient Synovitis which is relatively common and harmless. It should go away in a week's time if you take care of the knee joint. If the Doctor has advise to wear a cast, avoid much mobility of that knee. Take Pain killers as advised by the Doctor for the 1 week and you should be fine.
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor