Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Teeth started breaking and one has big hole. Have toothache. Gum is reducing. Cure?

hi goodnight my name Allisha ,i am having some seriously problems with some of my teeth since a month now one of my teeth suddenly start breaking with out anything press on it and one has a big hole that gives me toothache alot and the others the gum is reducing slowly ,i never smoke before but i use to drink and i am stressing cause i take good care of them,so can you please help me out with what the problem might be??
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  7 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

your teeth appears to have got brittle.this could be due to underlying decay process going on.

A few more replies are required from your side to make an exact diagnosis.

How old are you?since when do have habits?

Do you feel any associated tenderness or soreness in your teeth?does your gum bleed on and off?

when did you visit your dentist last and for what?

Please reply adequately before any diagnosis can be made.

I would be glad to answer your further queries.

Take care.

Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Tarush Thakur's  Response
Hi Allisha,
Thanks for writing,

Well there are many factors which contribute to a good dental health. Your diet and genetics form an important part of this system.

The tooth which has developed a big hole, needs clinical check up along with a x-ray of the tooth. It can sometimes be due to undermining caries which makes a hole under the surface of your tooth without getting discovered. When the overlying structure becomes fragile enough, it chips off, creating a big hole.

Gum problem is directly related to dental hygiene. i would recommend you to visit a dentist and have professional cleaning (scaling)done. Use soft bristle tooth brush and be gently on your teeth. Use can also use a mouthwash 2-3 times a day.

Stay healthy,
Thank you, Dr.Tarush thakur.
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

According to your clinical symptoms i suppose that you have developed deep caries in your tooth, such type of infected tooth need to be treated with root canal treatment followed by prosthetic crown placement.
I would suggest you to visit the Dentist take an x-ray of the tooth and start with the treatment of the tooth. Take complete course of antibiotics and analgesics.
Go for symptomatic treatment of complete mouth scaling and polishing.
Take antiseptic mouthwash rinses twice daily.

Hope this helps out.

Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
Hello allisha,
Thanks for posting your query.

The breaking of tooth may be due to demineralization of tooth or caries.
The hole in the other tooth is arised due to dental caries.
I would suggest you to get your decayed teeth restored by a dentist.

Reducing gums are due to gingival recession.
This can lead into tooth sensitivity.
The exposed tooth portion has to be restored using tooth-coloured filling materials.
Thorough scaling is required.
Maintain good oral hygiene.
Intake of alcoholic bevearages has to be limited.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Sushma Rajesh's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.
I understand that you are facing problem with one of your tooth. If your tooth has broken there is a chance that is badly decayed, the hole is because of the same. It is advised you see a dentist who will taken an xray of the tooth to decide the treatment of the tooth.
If you feel your gums are receding, it may be due to accumulation of tartar and cleaning or scaling may help. But it is advised that a dentist checks this and makes the correct diagnosis for the cause.
Take Care

Dr.Sushma Rajesh
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Dentist Dr. Shefali Gupta's  Response
Thanks for asking query,
According to explanation given it seems that your having deep caries in your tooth , i suggest you to visit your dentist and get the xray done and such type infection are treated with rct.
For gum recession you need to have scaling done it seems to because of plaque and calculus deposition .maintain good oral hygiene and use antiseptic mouthwash.
hope the will help you.
Answered: Sat, 4 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

It is likely from bad oral hygiene...
You have not stated your age, gender, personal habits, family history or co-morbidities - you may have to consider systemic causes like Diabetes...
The only solution is to see a Dentist - before it is too late to save the tooth...
Everything else is guess work!

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Fri, 3 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor