Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Teenager. Occasional small bump in the area where body touches vagina, orangish fluid discharge when squeezed. Thoughts?

my daughter is 13.5 years old. sometimes she has a small bump on the left side of her body exactly where her leg attaches to her body more down towards her vagina. she told me that she squeezed the bump yesterday and some kind of orangish fluid like thin blood sprung out of it. It feels like a lymph node but I am not sure why it can be squeezed and why some fluid comes out if it. i am planning to take her to Dr. soon, i was wondering if I can get some online help as I am very worried about this.

thank you

Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi Marianne,
Welcome to HCM.
I am suspecting a furuncle or small abscess caused due to bacterial infection. The perineum, that is the area around the genitalia is more prone for bacterial and fungal infections as they are moist regions allowing the microorganisms to grow easily. Personal hygiene in those areas is very important. I suggest cleaning the area with soap and water. Application of antibacterial cream over the bump. Get in touch with your GP for a prescription of antibiotics and painkillers. Thanks.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor