Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Teenager. Itchy, flaky, dry scalp. Severe hair fall. Help

I'm 17 years old, a male mixed with African american and white. I keep loosing my hair because i keep scratching it out from a itchy flaky , dry scalp ! Now sometimes when I just rub my hands through my hair it falls out ! So idk maybe it could be male pattern baldness too ! But my dad didn't start loosing his hair till he was 37 ! and on my mothers side , only my uncle has gone bald from male pattern baldness ! Can someone help me out im starting to get small bald patches missing in my hair and i've still got senior year left and college
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
HI one problem that you are suffering from is sebborhea that is itchy flaky scalp for this problem you should use tar containing shampoos like polytar or fongitar twice or thrice weekly.
you can also use ketoconazole lotion on your scalp rub it leave it there for 20 mts and then wash it off if there is redness and itching then use steroid lotion like betonil and oral anti histamines like levocitrizine.
your other problem is hairloss if you are losing hair in small patches then it is not male pattern alopecia then probably you are suffering from alopecia areata.Anyway you can use Minoxidil 5% lotion on your scalp and rub clobevate ointment on your bald patches.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor