Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Teenager. Diagnosed with cancer. Records of the same unfound by the hospital. Suggest for recheckup

My grandsone was dionosed with cancer when he was 16, he went to Johnson city childrens hospital..we need his records so he can be checked again he will be 21 in May,,,no one seems to know where they are, He also went to Pittsburg, Pa childrens hospital...How can I get his records so he can see if he is still in remission?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Oncologist 's  Response
Dear bumblebee,
You can see your primary physician who refered you to Johnson Hospital. If you dont find the record with him you could give the tentative date of your visit to johnson hospital Medical records section who could find your grandsons record. If this does not help you the health authority who maintain the National cancer register, visit them and teling them the tentative date of of completion of your grandsons treatment they might be able to give you the records.
As regards wheather your grand son is in remission you can visit your primary physician and apprise him the history of your grandson, he will perform necessary investigations on your grandson and let you know his present status.
Hope the steps advised might help you in achieving your mission.
Dr. J. Ticku
Answered: Fri, 26 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor