Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Teenaged, pronounced uneven chest bone, had been hit on the chest. Does this sound serious?

Hi, my 15-year old son has a very pronounced uneven chest bone. It has been this way, or at least noticed since he was entering puberty , but has never caused him issues. While playing soccer, he was struck in the chest with the ball at a normal speed, and he mentioned that it hurt where the bone is larger than the other side. During an ankle injury consultation, the orthopedic mentioned taking him to a surgeon. Is this as serious as it sounds?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern here you have two conditions first is the chest which might be pigeon chest what I guessed from the history given, because clinical examination is the only way to come on some conclusion for the injury if he is advised to see the surgeon then, this is worth to see the surgeon, hope this helps you, have nice day.
Answered: Fri, 6 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor