Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Teenaged, have stuttered growth, curved spine due to scoliosis. Is there any treatment or surgery to rectify this?

Hi Im 18 years old and I had been diognoise scroliosis when I was 16 (but I think ive had this since I was 14). The orthopedic doctor took xrays from me and basically said that theres nothing they could do. So a year later I went back to see the orthopedic doctor for a check up and she said that nothing has change, but when I asked her about the degree of curve she could give me a define answer. All she said was at the age 17 I wont grow anymore, so the curve will also stop growing. So my question is there any other treatments other than surgery I can get inorder to correct the curve of my spine because I dont really like the look of my back and shoulders.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern looking to the history given here I could say that the surgery is the best option for the scoliosis and no other method would give the best result than the surgery, nowadays this surgery being done with most advance technic with the minimal side effect, hope this information helps you, have a nice day.
Answered: Sun, 22 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor