Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Tear duct turning inside out. No pain or itching. Should I see a doctor?

The lower tear duct (the punctum?) in my left eye seemed to be turning inside out with a small red fleshy bit protruding. This was several weeks ago. It didn t hurt, and I just ignored it. After a few weeks, it spontaneously went away. After a couple more weeks, it came back and has stayed. Lately, it has gotten much larger. It still doesn t hurt, or itch or anything, but it s annoying now because it causes a fullness in my eye and I can feel it when I blink. Is this something I should see an opthamalogist about?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Enawood, Hi, The pouting of your lower punctum of one eye may be due to ectropion, chronic canaliculitis, chronic dacrocystitis ,lacrimal diverticulum or idiopathic.I believe prevention is better than cure. I would suggest you to visit an ophthalmologist who can rule out all the differentials relating to pouting of your punctum with fullness of your eyes.Don't worry much as everything will be fine.TC...Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor