Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Tanned skin due to sun exposure. Prescribed glycolate peel. Will this treatment cure sun burn?

Hi Dr, I am xxxxxxx. My face became taned (made dark by exposure to the sun.) I am taking glycolate peel skin care treatment , suggested by xxxxx skin Care. They said it will remove tan & help me to get back to my natural it possible or is it safe for me to go thourgh this treatement assigned by xxxx Looking forward for your quick reply
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for the query
You are on the right path. Glycolic Peels are safe, convenient and effective treatment for reducing tan/lightening of skin tone.It should only be performed by qualified and skilled dermatologist to ensure safety and efficacy.Please ensure you are applying a broad spectrum sunscreen during and after the procedure always.
You can take oral Vitamin C capsules 1000mg along with this treatment.
Hope this is helpful.Take care!
Answered: Sun, 17 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor