Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Talking to myself, unable to control it, problem since childhood. Treatment?

My problem is talking by my self ,since I was a kid,but now is becoming a big problem with my family they think is I m awkward & the big problem is some times I can t control it & I talk loudlley ,,I have a daughter she is 13yrs ,she feel a shame when her Freind come to our place & hear me talking. So do I need to see a doctor ,, but always my dad was telling me since I was young is not a bad habit is only because I don t like to argue with people and is normal nothing wrong with me. I would like to know your opinion
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

I do not think you need medications for this problem. However, it is becoming a disturbance to others. It is better to make an attempt and get rid of it.

You may speak to a speech therapist regarding this or simply speak to a Psychiatrist about this.

You will soon learn to talk in a lower tone.

Finally, there is nothing abnormal with you. Some people normally talk loud.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Sun, 22 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor