Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Talk to self, seeing and conversing with imaginary people. Reason, treatment?

Hello my name is Josie and I m 13, 14 in October. I think I m going mad, when I m alone in my room or just alone I talk to myself but not really myself I can see people, and they reply but they can be as simple as my friends or family to celebrities and I just have conversations with them, as if they were there and if it s a celebrity I m always a celebrity boy and I just. I really need some help but I don t know who to ask or what to do, please.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
These symptoms would fall in category of visual and auditory hallucinations. These symptoms are seen in group of diseases which are clubbed under psychosis. You are so young and you should share this problem with your relative or care-giver and seek help of a psychiatrist. Psychiatrist will discuss about it with you in greater detail and will be able to prescribe effective medication.
Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 12 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor