Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Taking treatment for spinal TB. Still have the pain. How to cure it completely?

Hi I am 30 years old and has suffered from spinal TB two years ago. I took complete medication and bed rest for a year however i still get the pain at the same place sometimes specially if i sleep sideways. sometimes the pain remain through out the day.should i go for the treatment again or go for physiotherapy .. please suggest
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Sadly, TB of the spine (pott's spine) result in degenerative changes in the spine, resulting in damage of the spine. Even afte complete treatment of the spine, many patients experience pain and complications.

In my opinion I would advise you to first visit your treating doctor, and assess the condition of your spine, if serious, surgery can be an option; if not pain management medication could be advised along with calcium and vitamin D supplementation.

If all this does not help, you could visit a chiropractor or even go in for physiotherapy.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.
Answered: Mon, 18 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor