Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Taking plaquenil, medrol and imura for lupus. Had dumping syndrome after cholecystectomy. Oil droplets in urine. Why?

I have lupus . It s pretty well controlled with Plaquenil , Imura and Medrol. I ve been dieting , well more like fasting so I expect to have protein and ketones in my urine and since I really don t drink much either, unless I m working outdoors I also know my urine will be darker accordingly but I ve never seen oil droplets before. Since yesterday, (I don t remember seeing it before that) I ve noticed it. Yesterday 4ml maybe and today about that again. I do tend to hold urine in longer than I should but that isn t anything new. It s colorless oil. I did have dumping syndrome for approximately 7yrs that began directly after a cholecystectomy but that has long since been over and with no reoccurances. I hate to call my doctor about it ifit is something that can occur normally with any of the above. I d like to know what you think, (past the cya Call your physician* or hang up and dial 9-1-1 . I already know that and above you from any legal responsibilities. I d just like to know what you think and maybe where to look this symptom up for an answer other than a blog where no one has a verifiable answer. Thank you so much. -Dawn
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
Dear Dawn, "oil" in urine can be due to passage of chyle in urine. Chyle is tissue fluid which carries fat and nutrients absorbed from the bowels to liver for digestion. At times, the kidneys leak fatty substances into urine due to problems in their filters (can occur in lupus). Chyluria can occur when dilated veins carrying chyle rupture into urinary system (usually kidney passages). Filter problems can be handled by nephrologist, chyle problems need to be treated by urologist. Consult either for initial diagnosis. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor