Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Taking omnacortil to cure vasculitis problem. Any problem in getting pregnant while having this medicine?

I am taking omnacorticol 45 mg for last one month due to vasculitis problem in my toe tip. I have to take this medicine in a reducing dose (5 mg reduction each week) upto 8 more weeks. Is there any problem in getting pregnant wile taking this medicine? Also after 8 weeks if i continue to take 5 mg daily, is there any problem in getting pregnant
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Hematologist 's  Response
Hello mam,
Omnacortil (prednisolone) is known to associated rarely with increased risk of cleft lip/palate in some studies.A risk of premature delivery is also possible.. Its better to avoid it during atleast the first 3-4 months of pregnancy when organogenesis occurs.. Now its better that you use some form of contraception till your tapering is over..
Take care
Answered: Tue, 27 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor