Taking mirtazapine for depression. Weight gain. Due to medication?

I have been prescribed mirtazapine tablets for depression .....and was advised by my doctor that they increase your appetite .......I have managed to avoid over eating and eat healthily little and often. My weight has ballooned by one stone and I am struggling to lose weight.......is my weight increase due to the contents of the tablets ....am desperate to reduce my weight and am considering coming off the tablets if my weight continues to increase.....desperate ...
Sat, 30 Mar 2013