Taking mini pill Ortho Micronor. Noticed bleeding during sex. Normal?

I have been on the mini pill Ortho Micronor since 2008 and stopped taking it a week ago. While I was on the pill i had a normal period cycle with occasional spotting sometimes in between. Once I stopped taking it a week ago the few times I have had sex with my partner I bleed, only during sex. That never happened before. Is that normal at first and will it stop?
Thu, 18 Jul 2013
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Bleeding after stopping mini pills could be due to hormonal insufficiency.
It is called withdrawal bleeding.
It will normalize in a couple of months on its own.
I also suggest you to visit Gynecologist for local examination to rule out cervicitis which can cause post coital bleeding

Hope this helps.
regards,
Dr Nilofer