Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Taking medicines for pericarditis, still suffering from symptoms. How to speed up the recovery?

hi, i have been suffering from pericarditis since april with no real sign of it being resolved. i have been hospitalized twice and i am now under the care of a cardiology and rheumatology consultant. i have been given lots of variations of medication, some of which has stemed the pain, however i am still suffering from chest pain , breathlessness, dizziness and tiredness. is there anything that i can ask either of my consultants to do to speed up my recovery or is there any alternitive methods of treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

One of the mainstays of therapy currently for pericarditis is using colchicine, at a dose of 0.6 mg PO BID at least for 6 months. This could be tried if it hasn't already.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
Answered: Tue, 16 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor