Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Taking human Actrapid for diabetes. Tests suggested. Serious problem?

Hi, sir my father is a diabetic patient since 2 years, the starting stage he used to insuline human actrapid 40 for 2 months, & controlled the diabetic by using tablets Kglim m2 3times a day..& now since last 4 months he regular using human actrapid 40, & yesterday we consulted the cardiologist in jayadev hospital,Bangalore.. he told us to take some check up like ECG , Blood Urea , Serum Creatinine , HBA1C, Serum Electrolyte ...& Results are HBA1C=7.3, Blood urea=80 mg/dl, Serum Creatinine= 2.4 mgs/dl, serum Sodium= 134.6mEq/L, Serum Potassium= 5.36 mEq/L...& by seeing the check up reports he prescribed some tablets & told us to consult a Nephrourologist in victoria Hospital bangalore, we consulted him by seeing our checkup reports of the jayadev hospital bangalore, he told us to under go some other check up in his hospital, but the hospital lab has been closed on that day, & then he told us to not to do late for checkup, becoz we have go to our native city on that day night, he told us to take 10 to 15 days & do checkup as early not to do late...I am asking u doctor is there any major problem for my daddy who is under going this treatment...plz suggets which is the right option, & before going to checkup which are the foods to be taken maintain good health & which type of food to be avodied to take, plz help me out in this..Thanking u
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  73
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Your father is having DIabetes which is controlled by taking actrapid insulin,after going through history of your father he has developed mild kidney failure that is why blood urea and creatinine level are high.
It may be due to complication of diabetes called nephropathy or some other factor causing deteriration of renal function,such as analgesic use or infection to kidney.
A urine analysis report is required to know infection and amount of albumin lost in urine.
A sonography of KUB that is kidney to know size of kidney is very useful.
Get all investigation as soon as possible to treat treatable causes,avoid analgesics(Pain killers)
In the mean time take low protein,low potassium,and salt restricted diet.
Take care of your father
Good Luck to you
Answered: Tue, 30 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor