Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Taking food on time, weight decreased. Diabetes?

I am feeling my health is ok but i have no problem in my health, i am taking food in time, doing regular activities in time and other body organs working properly, I never go to doctor, if any unbearable problem comes then only i will go the the doctor and take treatment. My collegaue says your weight reduced. so you check your sugar diabets. Can i have sugar is it right, please advise me.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM,
There are many causes of unintentional weight loss if your diet is normal and no health issues but if significant weight loss is there then you must check with your Physician because we should not miss anything.
Diabetes is one of the main cause of weight loss but can be easily detected by blood sugar level.

Diabetes, Overactive thyroid,Infection like Tuberculosis, peptic ulcer, inflammatory bowel disease, kidney disease and any hidden malignancy.Even severe stress can cause weight loss.
These are possibilities hence it is very important to contact Physician and after careful examination required investigation can be done to detect the cause if any.
Once if there is any cause is there it can be treated accordingly.
Please take care of your health.
Good Luck.

Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
In modern world where people eat more of junk foods and take more of sugary products coupled with sedentary life makes anybody liable to get modern lifestyle diseases like diabetes and hypertension.
On many occasions person suffering fom diabetes doesn't have any symptom and that's why it is called as silent killer.
Since you have lost weight without any attempt to loose it,creates suspicion and so the doubt must be cleared.Get your blood sugar fasting as well as PP done to look for it.
Consult your doctor and get yourself evaluated comprehensively.
Answered: Tue, 23 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor