Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Taking contraceptives, for severe periods. Undergone endometriosis surgery. Induced provera. When should we test for infertility?

I have been on birth control since 2002 for my periods being so severe I had a laporscopy twice once in 2006 and once in 2011. When I was on birth control I took it continuously and rarely had a period. Now I am trying to get pregnant and am really struggling. I am begining to do research and realizing that stopping my period like that was not healthy. I had surgery for endometriosis then I had depot lupron for 3 months and I am having trouble getting my period back. Last month my gyno put me on provera to medically induse my period it worked but now I am at the same spot again my gyno said to try provera for another month but I am 27 and my husband is 31 we want to be more aggressive any advice? When should i start to test for infertility?? in me and my husband? Please Help
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You are not having any regular periods. Irregular periods are likely to be anovulatory. You need to be patient and provera for 10 days in every cycle to have a normal regular bleeding. This will help in regularizing your cycles.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor