Taking clonidine for restless leg syndrome. Having Systemic lupus erythematosus since childhood. Treatment?

Hello, thank you for helping me. I am taking .3mg of clonidine for RLS. How long does it take to start working once taken? I have been on it for roughly five years; my dose was increased just recently to .3mg. OD
I have SLE since childhood. 10 years ago I was hospitalized for 4 years(still in and out of hospital) with chronic pancreatitis.
Was on 80mg Ms contin and have managed to decrease myself very slowly to 15md,OD. I have not had any obvious withdrawal symptoms. My sleep study before the morphine indicated severe RLS. However, since the decrease of my morphine the RLS had intensified severely.
I am just wondering if I am not taking it early enough at night to calm it down before sleeping. I take it at 7:30 pm each night, should I be taking it earlier? Does it need more time to kick in? I don't really understand what the half life means?
Thank you very much again for answering my question. Deb.
Sat, 7 Sep 2013