Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Taking birth control for menstrual cramps. What should I do to be able to have children?

Hi, my name is Lisa i am currently on birth control due to the fact that i have extremely painful pains during my period. when i am not on it, i am literally on the ground not able to get up because of the pains, i would love to have kids in the future but it worries me that i cant be off of my birth control for more than 4 days without these painful pains occuring. what should i do to be able to have kids. i am 15 years old, 146 pounds and 5 4.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  15
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
As per your symptoms, you seem to be suffering from primary dysmenorrhea which is a very common complaint in your age. Causes could vary; they include elevated prostaglandin levels, lack of exercise and emotional stress etc. You should try to maintain your body weight within healthy limits, do some regular exercise, you may also try yoga, try to remain stress free and you can have one of the NSAID group of drugs from 1-2 days prior to the onset of the cycle to 1or 2 days after the onset. It is too early for you to have kids at this age and I advice you to wait until you are 18, as child-bearing at this stage could impair your health. Please have further advice from your health care provider. Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 3 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor