Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Taking amlopress-at and glyzid-40 for diabetes. Blood test done. Cure to be taken?

hi my father is 67 years old. He is a diabetes patient and he is presently taking amlopress-AT and Glyzid-40. Now we have checked his complete blood check up and found out that his GGT is 763 U/L, Aspartate Aminotransferase( sgot ) is 144.3 and Alanine Transaminase( sgpt ) is 68.3. What are the necessary immediete stpes to be taken and what is his diet chart. He is a chronic alchoholist and a smoker. Sir please advise me what to do for it as well as is liver disesase curable. Expect ur favorable response soon
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is unfortunate that your father is taking heavy amount of alcohol inspite of being diabetic.
With chronic alcoholism,diabetes can't be kept controlled.
His high liver enzymes are only due to consumption of alcohol.
He has to quit alcohol,if he has to become all right.
There is no other treatment for this condition except to leave alcohol and that too completely.
There is no medicine which can cure alcoholic hepatitis.
He is sitting on a volcano as he is a diabetic,hypertensive,alcoholic and smoker.
If alcohol s not stopped now,it shall lead to cirrhosis and then the situation would be irreversible.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor