Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Taking Norditopin for hormonal problem. Will height increase?

Hi Doctor, Mu daughter is 14 year old and is Norditopin everyday as prescribed by the Endocrinologist .She is only 148 cms , has achieved puberty but still looks very small for her age. My height is 155 cms and my husband is 172 cms . Will she grow taller with the use of Norditropin.she is also taking aminoacid,eating protein rich food and has included exerciseinher routine.Will all this help.Do you know of any such cases ? Please help
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012

I am sorry to put it very straight forward that once your daughter has reached puberty, Norditropin is unlikely to help in gaining much height. You can get her hand X-ray done and show to an experienced Endocrinologist who will read whether her bones have fused or not. He/she will guide you perfectly upon the real need of Norditropin for your daughter. In my opinion whatever a little height a post-pubertal girl achieves naturally, she will not go beyond that with the help this hormonal supplement. Sorry to upset your hopes but it will be wise not to waste so much money on expensive hormone but you can invest that money for her future. Take care.
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor