Taking Insulin for diabetes. High BP and heart rate. Can I reduce insulin intake?

Hi Doctor: I am a diabetic patient for the last 20 years. I am 69 yrs.old. Recently I have started taking insulin (4 months).Now it varies between 120 and 160. Previously it shot upto 380 and stayed there for almost 3 months.Sometimes I suffer from high heart speed (P.A.P) and slight pressure on heart which lasts some seconds.I suffer from high BP which remains under control due to medicine i. e. 130/85-90. At present I am taking Insulin (20/14),glyciphaze tab 0-0-0, Dytor 40 (1 OD),Pregator caps (1 OD),Eritel-CH 40 (1 OD), Cardivas 3.125 (1OD), ASP Atorva 75 (1 OD) and clotas tab (1 OD) Please advise i) can I reduce insulin intake and how much? 2) Please reset the medicine/dose or alternative medicine more suitable and effective, May I mention that I am a retired person sitting at home.Doing stationery cycling for 30 minutes for 4-5 days a week in winter and 7 days in summer. I feel excessive cold. I neither smoke nor drink .Rarely take chicken otherwise I am vegetarian for 360 days.I take green vegetales and fruit for 6 days a week. Please advise Thanks & regards, ramsoni YYYY@YYYY
Wed, 12 Dec 2012