Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Taking Flagyl for amoebic colitis. Can be transferred sexually?

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with Amoebic Colitis (advised that it was mild). It was confirmed thru biposy (thru colonoscopy ). I am currently on Flagyl medication - 1 weeks past and am in 2nd week course. My Dr. is planning to give Paramomycin following the completion of Flagyl medication. Now my question is, I m getting married and am worried if I will pass my disease to my would be wife. Pls advise.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Yes,amoebic colitis can be transmitted sexually if there is fecal-oral contact.
You should avoid fecal-oral contact with your partner till you are getting treatment. It may infect your partner.
You are getting right treatment and you should take complete treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan
Answered: Fri, 20 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor