Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Taking Epidural injection for back surgery. MRI showed nerve entangled in scar tissue. Any alternatives for pain?

Hi, I had back surgery two years ago and have had to have epidural injections several times. The last epidural did not work and I am in severe pain. I had an MRI yesterday and went to the Dr today and was told that my nerve is entangled in scar tissue . He basically said he could not do anything for me other than an implanted stimulator. Is there any other alternatives for this severe pain? I am only 34 years old and I can t be in this pain an function. I don t want to take a lot of drugs either.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
why there should be back pain after surgery and why there should be a need of epidural injection after surgery
i advice you to take another opinion of spine surgeon .
Answered: Tue, 26 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor