Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Taking Diuretic replacing potassium level, losing fluids. Suggestion?

I am taking a diuretic called torsemide and i must replace my potassiume level w/ klor-con M20 and was wondering if my other water soluble vitamins and minerals should be bumbt up as well because some times after about three or so days i get tired ,sort of like run down and in need of a boost i lose about a half gallon of fluids some times
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

There is no recommendation to supplement water soluble vitamins to individuals on furosemide. Only recommendation is to supplement potassium which you are already on. If you think some vitamin deficiency is causing problem they may be supplemented after examination by your doctor.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor