Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Taken treatment for fluid in lungs. Will x-ray show scarring in lungs?

10 years ago, I was treated with fluid in my lungs and after the treatment I was and still is physically fit and never got sick not once. Just recently I was offered a Job in Singapore and will be starting work there in a month s time. My question is, I am sure there will be a medical exam to get a work visa for me, but due to my previous lung treatment I was told that he scarring in the lungs will not disappear so I am worried that my x-ray will show this and I will be denied with work visa. Please advise how I can pass a medical exam.
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  103
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Pulmonologist 's  Response
If it was only fluid in lungs then your xray will not show any scarring however if there was some lesion in the lungs then there will be a scar. What you can do is that u can consult a chest physician and take a certificate from him that it was already treated
Answered: Wed, 18 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor