Taken steroid shots, red marks on body, have herniated discs and sciatica. Related?

I have two herniated discs and have been dealing with sciatica for 7 months. I had two steroid shots in August in the NYC area, around the time that these meningitis-contaminated shots were administered. In the last two days, I have broken out in a rash all over my body. If I scratch , the red marks do not fade. There are bumps as well as flat discolorations. My chest, back, stomach, and hips are the worst, but it s now spreading to my lower legs and arms. I am under a significant amount of stress and have broken out in hives several times, but never like this. Should I be concerned that this is related to either the shots or the herniated discs?
Mon, 29 Oct 2012