Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Taken plan B after unprotected sex. Preventives to avoid lowering its effectiveness?

Hello, I am 18 years old and I had unprotected sex two days ago and was able to buy the morning after pill or plan b the very next morning. I am extremely concerned about how effective the pill is and what, if anything, can lower it s effectiveness. I have a few things that I want to ask about specifically: cigarettes, marijuana and ibuprofen and Yogi brand organic tea. Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The emergency contraceptive pills are more than 99 % effective when taken within first 24 hours after having an unprotected sex. Taking these with marijuana and cigarettes can decrease its efficacy. Ibuprofen and green tea are not likely to show an interaction.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor