Taken overdose of Metformin and Glimepiride by mistake. Worried

I had a CT EXAM WITH IV Contrast. I am diabetic and take Metformin and actos. I took my medication this morning but had this exam at about 10:40am. I was told not to take the medication for 48 hrs. as it could shut down my kidney's. I ate supper at about 5:40 and took my medication by mistake. 2 tablets Metformin 500 MG ER and one GLIMEPIRIDE 2 MG. I was also told to drink plenty of water. I am worried and was trying to self induce vomiting but it won't work. I called the hospital where this exam was done and spoke to the doctor on call for my doctor and he said that this could happen but might not and that I could drink more and more water to counter balance the medication. What can you recommend?
Sat, 3 Aug 2013