Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Taken duphaston. How can I have a healthy baby? What does HCG result say?

Doctor,I have my LMP on 1st May2012 and i confirm my pregnancy on 4th June2012,my hcg level was291 at that day,,the bloodtest repeated on 6th and the value is157.On10th June,start bleeding .I had taken duphaston tablet from17th May to 26th May.My doctor ask me for a scan on 24th June.?How can i achieve a healthy pregnancy and finally a healthy baby?please answer my doubt?
Fri, 25 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
thanks for your query.
The HCG values should double within 48 hours, hence the declining levels suggest that the pregnancy is non viable.
it indicates an impending miscarriage.
Duphaston itself will not assure that the pregnancy is viable.
if you have a miscarriage, then ensure that the products of conception are sent for karyotyping.
Once this pregnancy is terminated, wait for atleast 6 months before planning your next pregnancy, after having thorough preconceptional counselling.
All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor