Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Taken anti-acid medicine after choking on steak. Chest pain, painful breathing. What can I do?

Hi I swallowed a big piece of steak last night which caused me to choke, some of the food came up but the steak felt like it was stuck in my esophagus , it was really painful and I couldnt keep any water down after. I took some anti acid medicine and eventually I felt the steak shift and I could take water. Today I have really bad chest pains, it even hurts when I breathe deap, it feels like my espohagus is continuinely in a spasm . I am in a lot of pain, what can I do?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  292
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Injury, inflammation, ulceration to your lower eating pipe sphincter leading to incontinence of the sphincter and hence reflux of stomach contents as well as compensatory esophageal spasms causing pain. Visit a gastroenterologist and ask for a cure. meanwhile have liquid diet, avoid lying down post meals, avoid spicy foodstuff, avoid large meals.
Answered: Thu, 5 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor