Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Taken Mebendazole for pinworms. Taking antidepressant for anxiety. How to get rid of worms?

Hi there. My family has tried everything to get rid of pinworms, OTC and mebendazole. We cleaned everything for months while taking the meds. I became OCD and now am taking medication for that as well. It has given me so much anexiety that I am on antidepressants. We have done stool, blood and tape tests all came back negative but I have seen the worms on my sons bum and one on mine. It's a terrible experience and we are going on a year of trying to rid ourselves of it. Please help us, any advice is welcomed. Thank you for your time. Dianne Erwin
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  302
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Take albendazole two tablets at 3 weeks interval.
All the family members should get treated simultaneously for effective cure.
Teach your kids about hygiene.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor