Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Take Tramadol, Hydrocodeine for regular pain, severe arthritis, muscle spasms. Still constant. Any advise ?

I take tramadol for two years 50 mg 3 tabs a day recently combine with hydro codeine 500 mg also 3 tabs may be 4 a day trying to go cold turkey need help I already stood up against my regular pain severe artoridos and muscle spausame but need to leave them badly because I PREFERS TO Stay constant and not unstable please advise.
thank you
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
1.Your status of arthritis profile should be known by serum tests
2. Diagnosis of specific disease can institute specific disease modifying anti-rheumatic medicines seem to have received medication far too long without correct or specific diagnosis and can be harmful
4. Complete blood count, Liver function, kidney function tests are essential to know systemic side effects of prolonged anti-inflammatory/anlgesics
% consultation with a rheumatologist/orthopedist is called for for evaluation who might undertake or order specific tests, Radiographic assessment
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Gautam Sipani's  Response
Hello, so much of opiods for such a long period are not good. Aren't you on DMARD - drugs for rheumatoid arthritis, because they will help reduce the inflammation and help to reduce your symptom, disability and analgesic dose too. Thank you
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor